Fishing Rules at Mersey Valley
GENERAL RULES FOR MEMBERS
- Members may bring guests limited to one per visit at a cost of £8. For juniors a 50% reduction, Juniors (16 and under) must be accompanied with an adult at all times. Golf Club members or otherwise.
- Members and their guests must report to the golf shop before fishing where they will be given a pass which must be returned when they finish. This is to comply with Health & Safety Rules.
- Members can fish any platform on either lake except on competition days. (Individual members are able to fish pegs other than those designated for the match).
- Members must access the lakes via the path through the wood.
- NO WADING allowed on the lakes at any time ( Health & Safety)
- ALL MEMBERS MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF A CURRENT N.R.A. ROD FISHING LICENCE.
- No keep nets (only to be used for competitions and must be dipped)
- BARBLESS hooks only.
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum of two rods at any one time.
- Platforms must be kept tidy – no litter.
- No radios (other than with individual earpiece)
- Ground bait maximum 1 Kilo per visit (purchased at shop)
- The following baits will notbe allowed.
(a) Bloodworm /Joker.
(d) Trout Pellets.
- No fixed ‘Bolt Rigs’ on method feeders
- Only one hook allowed maximum hook size 8.
- No Braided lines to be used.
- Baits can be purchased from the golf shop.
(Mersey Valley feeder pellet only to be used)
- Opening Times
1st April to 1st Sept 7.30am-9.00pm
(Members must be off the lakes by 9.00pm)
2nd Sept to 31st March 7.30am- Dusk
NO NIGHT FISHING
Security Gates locked after these times.