Privacy Notice for Members of The Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club
The Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club (MVG) is committed to protecting your personal data and also to ensuring that your rights to privacy are protected. We will collect data from you at a number of points, including via membership forms and registration forms (both online and paper), event entry forms and course enrolments. Your personal data will be stored on secure databases and access will be permitted only to those with a need to know.
In order to be open and transparent, Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club wants you to know that:
1. Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club is the Data Controller of the information it holds or will hold on you.
2. Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club has a Nominated Person for Data Protection, and contact details for this person may be obtained by requesting them from us by telephone on 0151 424 6060, or via email at email@example.com .
3. The information we collect from you and subsequently process may include your contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone numbers, email address etc.), bank account details, date of birth, passport details, gender, membership number, Golf Handicap, Golf club and county of which you are a member, photographs, parental consent details(where appropriate), education details, information set-out on certifications and qualifications (e.g. golfing certificates, first aid certificates, fishing licences etc.) and any other data that is relevant to your membership of Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club.
4. We may also collect sensitive personal data and/or special categories of data from you, such as data relating to:
4.1 racial or ethnic origin;
4.2 religious or philosophical beliefs; and
4.3 health and disabilities.
4.4 Biometric Data.
5. The information may be collected from membership forms and letters, emails, on-line applications, written material, verbal discussions, and text messages etc.
6. The information is collected and will be processed so that Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club may:
6.1 comply with our contractual obligations and provide you with your agreed membership benefits, including;
6.1.1 contacting you in relation to, and organising, events you are attending;
6.1.2 contacting you to advise you of upcoming events which may be of interest to you;
6.1.3 arranging, maintaining, managing and taking other steps in relation to your and/or your club’s insurance;
6.1.4 maintaining and updating you and your club in relation to your handicap, results and qualification information;
7. In particular, Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club has the following legal bases for the processing of your personal data:
7.1 For non-special / non-sensitive data:
7.1.1 where it is necessary for the performance of any contract you may have with Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club (including your membership contract), or to take steps to enter into such a contract; and
7.1.2 where it is necessary for the purposes of Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club’s legitimate interests.
7.2 For special / sensitive data:
7.2.1 where it has been manifestly made public by you; and
7.2.2 where it is necessary for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89 of the General Data Protection Regulation, in a manner which provides for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of you (including pseudonymisation and/or anonymisation).
8. In addition to the above bases, Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club may also process any of your personal data for other reasons where it has received your explicit, freely given consent.
9. The information may be shared with third parties for administration and/or management purposes, where it is necessary or desirable and lawful for Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club to do so. However, Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club will share only the minimum information that is necessary. Such sharing of information will include the following:
9.1 we will share information (including sensitive personal data and/or special categories of data) with English Golfing Body for statistical purposes, such data will be pseudonymised and/or anonymised before being provided to them and no contact details will be shared;
9.2 provided you have given consent, we will share information (including sensitive personal data and/or special categories of data) with our insurers where there is a legal requirement to do so.
9.3 we will share information with our partners so that we are able to comply with our contractual obligations and provide you with your agreed membership benefits, including the following parties:
9.3.1 Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club committees and commissions;
9.3.2 club representatives, referees and event organisers;
9.3.3 home nation Golf and or Fishing associations (including the Northern Ireland, Scotland and Welsh Golfing and Fishing Associations or Clubs);
9.3.4 BRS so that we may provide you with access to the BRS app;
9.3.5 Debit Finance Company so that we can arrange direct debits for your membership fees and/or other participation fees;
9.3.6 emails so that we may provide you with general news about Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club and with the Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club e-newsletter; and
9.4 we will share information with the following parties on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, including the following parties:
9.4.1 selected third parties for the purposes of carrying out necessary checks, such as in relation to relevant qualifications, safeguarding, first aid and health and safety;
9.4.2 Your nominated representative will upload match data to the Clubmark database or Club system 2000 for the purposes of match scoring and statistical analysis.
10. The information will not be processed outside the EEA without your prior written consent.
11. The information will be retained for as long as is necessary and in accordance with clause 12 below. When the information is no longer required, it will be destroyed securely.
12. You have certain rights, which include:
12.1 the right to obtain access to your personal data (what personal data of yours Mersey Valley Golf & Country Club holds);
12.2 the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
12.3 the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where we are not otherwise entitled to retain and process such data and there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
12.4 the right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data, in certain
circumstances. Further information is available upon request;
12.5 the right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant; and
12.6 the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the Information
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by telephone at 0151 424 6060, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org , for details of how an application may be made.